Higher Ground is the proud sponsoring founding member of the R4 Alliance, an organization formed in order to maximize the potential for our military family through standards of excellence, research, education/training, and continuum of care impacting recreation and rehabilitation to achieve reintegration. Initially funded through a one-time grant from The Chichester duPont Foundation, the Alliance workshops have brought together representatives from top veterans’ service organizations, the Office of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, the Veterans Administration, and the Secretary of the Army.
R4 is an Alliance of Programs of Excellence providing therapeutic and community-based recreation, as well as other opportunities, for Our Military Family.
Members are joining forces to overcome barriers to quality care provision through the following objectives:
- Advocate member driven standards of excellence
- Conduct research proving the efficacy of our services on a national scale
- Provide professional education opportunities leveraging our combined experience and collective knowledge
- Create a continuum of care between service providers
- Ensure the economic viability of our member organizations